Job Title: Registered Nurse
Company: Absolute Staffers LLC
Location: Prince George’s County MD
Status: Per Diem
Absolute Staffers is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are looking for qualified Registered Nurses (RNs) for an opportunity in Prince George’s County, MD. These RNs will provide direct nursing care, care coordination and/or case management services across a variety of programs and clinical services within the Health Department.
These programs and clinical services include but are not limited to Health & Wellness, Maternal & Child Health, Family Planning, Reproductive Health, Sexually Transmitted Infections include HIV/AIDS, Refugee Health, Case Management (Medical/Non-Medical), School Based Wellness, Tuberculosis (TB), Disease Control Investigation, Adolescent Health, and Chronic Disease Management.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent clinical nursing skills, knowledge, judgment and leadership in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Demonstrates ability to be confident, personable, self-motivated and function with tact and poise in all situations.
- Demonstrates the capability of making rapid and clinically accurate decisions based on evidence based practice.
- Demonstrates ability to interact professionally on all levels within and outside the organization.
- Demonstrates basic computer skills.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comprehensive Nursing Assessment (including medical and psychosocial)
- Comprehensive Evaluations for Aged and Functional Disabled Adults
- Direct Observation Therapy (in person and/remote)
- Data entry into electronic health records and billing system
- Case Management Services/Care Coordination
- Diseases Investigation
- Home Visiting
- Medication Administration/ Dispensing
- Vaccination Administration/ Dispensing
- Laboratory Specimen Collection
- Point of Care Waived Testing (Urine Dipstick, Finger stick, oral swab)
- Patient Education
- TB skin testing
- Public Emergency Operations Assistance: Point of Dispensing (POD)
- Experience in specific programs/ ambulatory nursing services
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years as Registered Nurse in an outpatient clinic preferred.
- BLS certification is required.
- Active and unrestricted state license is required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Alok - (301) 859-0027
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.