JR Enterprise is a Maryland based contingency staffing organization specializing in bringing together highly qualified professionals with government and commercial clients. JR Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist for an opportunity at a medical center in Tacoma, WA.
Key duties and responsibilities:
* Assessment: Identification of patients for Occupational Therapy evaluations and treatments; comprehensive collection of patient information and medical status; and continued evaluation of an established plan of care.
* Planning: Collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver, primary provider and other members of the health care team for developing an effective plan of care.
* Facilitation: Care coordination and communication among all involved parties including to Occupational Therapy Assistants.
* Advocacy: Support for the patient and family/caregiver to ensure identified education and appropriate, timely care is received.
* Assessment. Proactively identifies and evaluates patients and families for occupational therapy needs from a variety of sources such as consulting provider, electronic medical charts, the healthcare system, employers and facility staff. Conducts systematic, on-going, thorough collection of patient’s physical, emotional, psychological, social and medical status and information via direct patient contact and other relevant sources such as professional and non-professional caregivers, medical records, and family/caregiver interviews.
* Planning. Develops an appropriate patient-specific plan of care to include short and long term goals, objectives and therapeutic actions. Coordinates, collaborates, and obtains approval of the plan among the patient, family/caregiver, primary provider and other members of the healthcare team as appropriate.
* Implementation: Guides the patient and family/care giver through the entirety of the plan of care. Coordinates and executes the plan of care, optimizing access to appropriate services. Ensures communication of patient needs to other disciplines as needed. Serves as an advocate for, and ensures education is provided to, the patient and family/caregiver as required. Promotes adherence to treatment plans for improved
* Coordination: Ensures coordination of care delivery processes, to include alternate healthcare settings and the home environment, for the purposes of enhancing the patient's health and wellness, safety, productivity, and quality of life, and for providing the most beneficial, cost-effective health care. Develops, utilizes and maintains a variety of military and community resources to optimize access to services and medical care. Ensures timely and appropriate provision of services.
* Monitoring: Documents and updates the treatment plan as needed in accordance with existing local facility and other agency guidelines. Maintains documentation and data collection in accordance with specified guidelines.
* Evaluation: Monitoring and evaluation may include, but is not limited to: patient’s adherence and response to the treatment plan; timeliness of patient and family/caregiver contact and follow-up; identification of variances, patterns or trends from established practice guidelines and/or standards; established outcome measurements; results of interventions, treatment delivery and timeliness of care; and utilization of resources.
* Minimum of 12 months experience within the past 60 months providing direct patient care.
* Bachelor’s in Occupational Therapy from a nationally accredited Occupational Therapy program.
* Current, unrestricted license to practice in any one of the fifty States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Anne Isidro (202) 558-4949