JR Enterprise is a Maryland based contingency staffing organization specializing in bringing together highly qualified professionals with government and commercial clients. JR Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are looking for Physical Therapists for an opportunity at a medical center in Tacoma, WA.
Key duties and responsibilities:
* Assessment: Identification of patients for Physical Therapy evaluations and treatments; comprehensive collection of patient information and medical status; and continued evaluation of an established plan of care.
* Planning: Collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver, primary provider and other members of the health care team for developing an effective plan of care.
* Facilitation: Care coordination and communication among all involved parties including to Physical Therapy Assistants.
* Advocacy: Support for the patient and family/caregiver to ensure identified education and appropriate, timely care is received.
* Exercise professional judgment in administering treatment to the spectrum of physical therapy patients with neurological, general medical, post-surgical and orthopedic disorders.
* Design treatment plans to be implemented personally by the therapist or by civilian physical therapy assistants (PTAs) or military physical therapy technicians. Directly oversees the plan of care conducted by subordinate personnel. Take full responsibility for patient provided in assigned area regardless of whether they are personally providing the care or have utilized subordinate staff members.
* Coordination: Ensure coordination of care delivery processes, to include alternate healthcare settings and the home environment, for the purposes of enhancing the patient's health and wellness, safety, productivity, and quality of life, and for providing the most beneficial, cost-effective health care. Develop, utilize and maintain a variety of military and community resources to optimize access to services and medical care. Ensures timely and appropriate provision of services.
* Perform thorough patient examinations appropriate for the condition for which the patient has sought physical therapy care or the purpose of provider referral.
Examinations will encompass the full spectrum of physical therapist examination skills to adequately diagnose the cause of the patient's complaint.
* Plan and administer physical therapy to general medical and surgical patients with single and multiple disabilities such as fractures, sprains, hemiplegia, peripheral nerve injuries, and surgical reconstruction. Directly participate in all patient treatment and directly oversees any treatment applied by subordinate personnel.
* Execute a full range of treatment procedures using manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, gait training, manual muscle testing, and sparing application of modalities such as heat, ultrasound, and electrical stimulation.
* Minimum of 12 months experience within the past 60 months providing direct patient care.
* Masters or Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy from a Physical Therapy program accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
* Current, unrestricted license to practice in any one of the fifty States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Anne Isidro (202) 558-4949